Anne Notations

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Just in time




After three years of looking spindly and wobbly and uncertain, my purple clematis in the shady back yard burst into bloom this week. I'm so glad I got to see this determined vine in its glory. Next year at this time, I'll be creating a whole new garden scheme at our new house. Clematis is on my "most wanted" perennials list, along with lilac trees, roses, daylilies, and peonies.

Yes, it's official. We will close on our new home on the beach next week. This afternoon, a sign sprouted on our front lawn here in Providence. My breath caught for a moment when I pulled into our driveway today and saw it: For Sale. Whoa! It's real! We're going to move! Are we crazy? Well, too late for doubts.



My heart is pounding 24/7. I am selling books on eBay, selling china, selling furniture on Craigslist, contacting consignment shops. And I am choosing wood flooring, Corian countertops, tile kitchen flooring, and paint colors for our new home. The heat is on!

1 Comments:

  • I have a love-hate relationship with all the decisions that must be made when you move into a new home. Making that house your home, putting your personality into it, is so rewarding. But I want it all done YESTERDAY! Last week, my friend Lisa moved from her South County home of 33 years to North Carolina. Imagine moving 33 years of books!

    By Blogger Queen of She, at Wed Jun 21, 08:48:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home