Anne Notations

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanks, a lot


These guys (above) are what I'm most thankful for. We had our first small Thanksgiving Day in many years when my brother-in-law's family was unable to host the clan for dinner yesterday. While the disruption of the annual get-together was disappointing, especially for the kids, there was a simple joy in just hanging out here as a family.

Having Melinda home from Syracuse for four days was the whipped cream on the apple pie, as it were. The household has sparkled to life with her upbeat spirit, and she's had friends stopping by – my other daughters, I call them – to increase the fizz quotient.

Hope you all found something to enjoy yesterday, whether it was close friends, beloved relatives, or an especially tasty turkey.

2 Comments:

  • "These guys (above) are what I'm most thankful for."

    Beautful.

    Mine was nice - I spoke with a friend and we took turns listing things we were thankful for in our lives.

    By Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann, at Sat Nov 29, 08:56:00 PM EST  

  • Good to see you spent Thanksgiving in such great company.

    I was lucky too, even though we're like the walking wounded around here (my uncle was even diagnosed with kidney stones the night before) we all got to spend it together and that's what it's about. The meal and pie was good, too. ;)

    By Blogger BrideOfPorkins, at Fri Dec 05, 10:08:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home