Anne Notations

Monday, May 30, 2011

Reboot

Yours truly, age 18-24 months.

That first step. Why is it so hard for me? Why do I balk?

And what is the first step when parts of my life feel frazzled and out of control? What one little deed will set me on course to achieve positive thoughts, healthy habits, productive work days? Help, help!

I know all about Just do it. I know about Live in the moment. I know about Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today. I know It's time for you to grow up. But where do I start?

This can't go on, this tendency to be my own worst enemy. How many reality shows will I imminently be a candidate for? Biggest Loser. Hoarders: Buried Alive. It's Me or the Dog. Or maybe a new one about women who lose their mojo.

Here are two things I will do tonight.

1. Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher and clean the kitchen sink. (This counts as one item.)

2. Floss my teeth at bedtime.

Basic stuff. Baby steps. It's worked before.

Oh, one more:

3. Record here each night or morning what new task, and old ones, I manage to complete.

And I'm off! Dirty dishes, you're history. Expired mojo, watch your back.

7 Comments:

  • Yeeeeeeah! *huff* *puff* I know how it is, and I will be here cheering you on.

    By Blogger BrideOfPorkins, at Mon May 30, 09:47:00 PM EDT  

  • Thanks, pal. The sink and dishes are done; the bath and shower complete. On to the flossing! :-)

    By Blogger Anne D, at Mon May 30, 10:19:00 PM EDT  

  • I can totally relate; sometimes I feel frozen and immobile, filled with the knowledge of what I need to do, but without the ability to move in any direction. That's usually the point at which I make a list of small, do-able tasks (I like to include things I might already have done so that I can see that I'm not as stuck as I feel like I am).

    The important thing? Is to re-frame it. If you're not taking a step? You're resting while you consider where you want to go next. You're allowed.:)

    By Blogger Danielle, at Tue May 31, 08:08:00 AM EDT  

  • There is always a tomorrow to finish a task, except for one day in your life, the last.

    By Blogger Out on the prairie, at Tue May 31, 10:06:00 AM EDT  

  • Here, here...cheering you on, and in total empathy...

    -p
    whose stuff is still in the garage from the flood of 2006 :-/

    By Blogger pumpkiny, at Tue May 31, 01:58:00 PM EDT  

  • Oh I like what Danielle said, "I'm nesting...." oh wait...she said resting! I like what I thought she said better! LOL.

    By Blogger Have Myelin?, at Sat Jun 11, 03:23:00 PM EDT  

  • Well, I stopped by to see if you posted anything new! =p

    By Blogger Have Myelin?, at Mon Jul 11, 01:17:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home