Anne Notations

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Life after SRV

My favorite band will always be Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble.

But Stevie has been gone for nearly 15 years now, and while his music will live forever in the hearts of fans and in my CD player, this past year I was thrilled to discover his rightful heirs -- three amazing young men from San Angelo, Texas:



A little bit Stevie, a little bit Santana, a little bit Hendrix, and a lot of Chicano family harmony. Man, I have been WAITING for these Garza brothers! Talent to spare, and they can rock, play the blues, sing a purty ballad, and bring the house down. Not to mention that Henry is cute. :-)

The rock gods are good to us.


2 Comments:

  • Hi Anne,

    I bought the Los Lonely Boys CD and it's indeed good stuff. Especially the first track rocks. I like them more in uptempo songs than in ballads though.
    This made me wonder if you ever listened to a group called Los Lobos. You probably did as they're famous and have been recording for decades now.
    About SRV: I found a site where they sell recordings of live concerts and radio broadcasts on CD-R for next to nothing ($ 3.99). I ordered a Van Morrison concert and studio outtakes from the Bob Dylan/Johnny Cash 1969 sessions and they are fine so I ordered a lot more, among them some SRV of which they have about *ten* items. I thought you might be interested It's at www.radiorarities.com

    Philip (me)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Mar 14, 09:45:00 AM EST  

  • I went to the radio rarities site. I found a CD recording of a Grateful Dead show I was at in 1974! Thank you, Philip!

    Anne, I love your blog. And your dog. And your birds.

    I remember hearing Los Lonely Boys -- excellent band.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 12, 02:50:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home