Anne Notations

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mornings with Caroline




Caroline is four months old today!

I adore these Wednesday mornings. Having Caroline here forces me to slow down, to appreciate each moment, to leave impatience and hurry behind. The house is hushed except for the soft whussh of cars on Hope Street. The dog is napping in the sun. I sing while Caroline drinks her bottle, and her brown eyes open wide as she listens to Nana.

Today for the first time she sat happily in the "boppie" type horseshoe pillow on my sunroom floor and batted at the mobile toys, making them dance and bounce and clatter. Wow! She talked and talked about this new achievement. And (see last pic) she made her funny, bubbly spitting noise, something Kevin was also an expert at when he was the same age.

Elton John's words were written for this baby: "How wonderful life is when you're in the world."

2 Comments:

  • What beatiful sentiments. You might like Peter Himmelman's song, written afte rthe birth of his first daughter:

    Raina
    From the album Flown This Acid World (1992)

    Some say the world has gone insane
    And some say that G-d just got up and walked away
    Some say dreams have frozen
    Like a river that will not thaw
    But not me since I've seen Raina

    Some say that all is lost
    And that innocence can't be restored at any cost
    Some say you lose your spirit
    If you lose a sense of awe
    But not me since I've touched Raina.

    There's so little in this world that's true
    I have boundless dreams for you.

    Some say there's no end to the night
    And some say the reward just isn't worth the fight
    But I'm no stranger to the allure of despair
    I've spent a lifetime inside his jaws
    But not since I've seen Raina.

    By Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann, at Sun Apr 02, 12:05:00 AM EST  

  • Absolutely beautiful.

    By Blogger Slimbolala, at Mon Apr 10, 02:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home