Anne Notations

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Meatloaf (and a yellow rose)


This blog entry is for busy cooks: my foolproof, easy, low-fat turkey meatloaf recipe. Actually, it isn't mine; I got it from Cooks.com. But I've made it so many times, it feels like my own.


Basic Turkey Meatloaf

1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/3 cup chopped raw onion
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dry mustard

Mix all ingredients well – I begin with a spoon but end up using my hands, like making mud pies – and shape into loaf. Place in greased loaf pan or baking dish (I prefer Pyrex or other ovenproof glass) for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Before baking, you may squirt some ketchup on top and spread evenly with a spatula. Allow turkey loaf to cool slightly before slicing.


Do you like the beautiful golden-yellow rose in the meatloaf photo, above? It's Melinda's souvenir from the Honor Society banquet held Thursday night. A good time was had by all the smart kids, like our daughter and her friends.

1 Comments:

  • Nice recipe and post.
    I have mixed feelings abbout honors societies and such labels - maybe it's just sour grapes because I wasn't aware when i was a young student that I very well could have acheived those titles had I wanted to...

    I am looking out for a new post, looking new for an outpost.

    By Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann, at Thu May 15, 10:05:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home