Anne Notations

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A bright, sunshiny day



Have you been to the Google home page today, May 22? The lovely graphic above will greet you – for one day only.

I have Google set as my default home page when I open a browser, so I see it first thing. I love the way on holidays and random special days Google artists make the logo – which they call a "doodle" – into something appropriate, like this one for the 50th anniversary of Legos.



Today the site features a contest-winning logo by a California sixth-grader, Grace Moon. She wrote of her entry: "My doodle, 'Up in the Clouds,' expresses a world in the sky. This new world is clean and fresh, and people are social and enlightened. Every person here is treated as family no matter who they are. The bright sun heats this ideal place with warmth, love, and brightens everyone's day."

Thank you, aptly-named Grace, for beginning my online day with your art and your optimism. I wish Google would leave your logo up for longer than 24 hours. In these times of economic crisis, worldwide instability, and generalized anxiety, we could all benefit from a bracing dose of hope, springing eternally from the heart of a child.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home