Anne Notations

Monday, June 22, 2009

Blessings 6/22/09



I'm going to take a page from the wonderful Helen Jane’s blog. Since her first baby was born last year, she has kept her posts very short, calling them “Grace in Small Things” – a much better title than “Blessings,” but my zeal for online poaching extends only so far before I embarrass myself.

The idea of accenting the positive in my life is an appealing one. My first efforts may be awkward, but that's because the gears are rusty; the mechanism grinds a bit as I get it started and heading uphill. I think I can. I think I can.

BLESSINGS

1. Sons Kevin and Andrés whooping and hollering in their hoarse, deep man-voices while watching soccer on TV yesterday.

2. Freshly laundered Lands End sheets on the bed.

3. My reliable, smooth-running Hyundai Santa Fe.

4. The Sunday Providence Journal – even the inserts, especially the Target ads.

5. An eensy weensy auburn spider sitting smug and treacherous in its web between two front-porch pillars.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home