Anne Notations

Thursday, September 10, 2009

This new year


Some readers (bless your hearts) have checked here looking for new posts. Between our kids going back to college and high school, and the revved-up pace at work as Brown begins a new academic year, I have felt depleted when it comes time to blog at night.

However, there are several new posts on my sunset/sky blog, so please take a look.

Even as I feel harried by the busy-ness at the end of every summer, I also enjoy the clear days, cool nights, and the energy – all those young people learning like sponges, except more actively.

I took some photos at Brown's Opening Convocation yesterday and enjoyed being up-close to the excitement of the new freshmen and grad/med students. I've been busy switching my important dates and appointments from my old datebook to the academic year 2009-10 one I bought at Staples.

What do you like about this time of year? Is it all sadness for summer ending too soon, or is fall the real "new year" for you as it is for me?

2 Comments:

  • Hi Anne :-). I feel like this is the beginning of the new year, and always have. I love the excitement of this time of year--heading into cooler weather, gathering supplies for school, the upcoming holiday season. From now until December 31st is the best time of the year for me.

    By Blogger Dawn, at Fri Sep 11, 12:16:00 PM EDT  

  • Hi, Anne,
    I think Dawn hit the nail on the head with her answer. But, she did forget one thing - FOOTBALL...

    By Blogger r_weeks, at Sat Sep 12, 08:41:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home