Anne Notations

Monday, July 27, 2009

Blessings 7-27-09


1. Taking Kevin to the photo studio for his senior yearbook portrait this afternoon. His outfit: crisp white dress shirt, striped tie, navy blazer ... and madras shorts and flipflops.

2. The relief of a sea breeze at home on this very hot, muggy day.

3. Supper prepared a day ahead: homemade chicken salad and a tossed salad. Tortilla chips optional.

4. The people at my office who came by to welcome me back from vacation and stayed to talk for a while. They remind me why I love working where I do. And they remind me that most of us – not just poor pitiful me – have invisible challenges and rough patches in our personal lives. Hang in there, everyone!

5. Looking ahead to a poolside potluck reunion with my high school besties at the end of August.

1 Comments:

  • I really like the idea of counting blessings. This was a great quote, "Most of us – not just poor pitiful me – have invisible challenges and rough patches in our personal lives. Hang in there, everyone!" This reminds me of a recent book by Charles Grodin, which opens with a dedication "to all of us who are finding life lot harder than we had in mind."

    By Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann, at Wed Jul 29, 10:50:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home