Anne Notations

Saturday, June 19, 2010

How to spend a summer Friday

"Flowers," by Caroline, age 4



Nana, this mac and cheese is GOOD!


Sings to the tune of "Up on the Housetop":
First comes a butterfly and lays an egg,
Out comes a caterpillar with many legs,
Oh see the caterpillar spin and spin,
A little chrysalis to sleep in.

Oh, oh, oh, wait and see
oh oh oh, wait and see
Out of the chrysalis, my oh my
out comes a pretty butterfly.

We learned that at my school. I go to Buttons and Bows.
Nana, you sing it now.
Say chrysalis, Nana. It's where the caterpillar turns into a butterfly.

My favorite color of butterflies is rainbow.


I'm catching a fish for you and Daisy.


Daisy, this (plastic seahorse) is my baby. I hold her like this when she's afraid. (croons) Poor baby, poor baby. It's all right.

I'm her mother and I take care of her. Next Friday she'll be four years old.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home