Anne Notations

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A fine whine


I'm so sick of being sick.

Bronchitis. Pneumonia. In my third week now.

Two antibiotics have struck out, most recently the famed Z-pack, which was guaranteed to fix me up. My fever is back; the chest pain, coughing, and congestion haven't stopped. I can't lie down in bed, but must attempt to sleep upright in the recliner downstairs.

Tomorrow I'll call Dr. C and hope he can see me and try something else.

Note to self: Stop Googling and reading information on "antibiotic-resistant pneumonia." It won't help to scare myself to death!

Add to my physical discomfort the guilt I feel for being only briefly (three days last week) available for my new job, and I'm one big mess of stress.

"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." Dear Julian of Norwich, I will try to believe it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home